HM Revenue & Customs website has most of the information you will need regarding taxes due to the government during your stay in the UK. Unfortunately, it is difficult to contact this agency via email.

If your company is sending you to work in the UK, ask them about your tax implications and what benefits are taxable. If you are assigned for a short term, there are many ways of recouping the sales tax (called VAT) you pay on goods in the UK. Chances are, you are not the first person they have sent to the UK. Their accountants should provide you with answers.

If you have been hired by a UK company, talk to their accountants about how your compensation will be taxed. They should be able to help you set up bank accounts and file UK taxes.